Friday 15 January 2016

Tips: Making a Blog


Hello once again anyone who's there!

I know that I've only really just started this blog, so I don't really know much about blogging, but I wanted to share a few tips about it! Here we go....


  • How it Looks:  Make sure that your blog will be appealing to others. Fiddle around with different colours, themes and pictures, but try to keep it flowing and consisitent so your readers wan to come back.
  • How to Make it:  Choose blog making website that you find very comfortable and easy to use. Don't try to use one that takes ages to upload, because it won't be convenient. I found BlogSpot very easy to pick up straight away.
  • What you Post: Make sure you have a clear idea of what you want your blog to be about, and when you post, make sure you use interesting language, bright colours and pictures.
  • Find other Blogs: If you want your blog to be noticed, search for other blogs similar to yours and comment on some of their posts. Tell them about your blog, give them advice and answers questions they ask in their posts.
  • Don't be Obsessed with Fame:  I have to admit I wouldn't mind if my blog got a couple more views, but then again I've only just started. Don't constantly write about how you're not famous yet, or comment on famous bloggers posts asking them to notice you. You should be writing a blog because you enjoy it, not because you wan to be famous.
  • Your Identity: If you don't want your friends to know you've started a blog, don't include your name! If I came up with "Internet Girl", you can come up with a creative name! Make sure you make a new email too, or it will show "posted by, and then your real name.
So, those were my newbie opinions on starting a blog! I had been deliberating whether to do it for months, and 'Girl Online' finally inspired me. 

Have a go, take a chance, see what you can do! Let me know if you've just started a blog and what your tips for me would be! Please keep reading, I would really appreciate it for you to see how passionate I am! Please comment if you're reading these posts, I'd love to know!

Internet Girl xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment